Luna Lovegood was one of the most enigmatic characters in the Harry Potter series, and here are 15 things you might not have known about her!
1. Her full name is actually Lunella coronaria Lovegood.
2. She was born on the 13th of February, 1981.
3. Luna’s wand is made of vine wood with a dragon heartstring core.
4. She has a pet Pygmy Puff called Mr. Norvel Twonkle, who she rescued from a group of bullies who were teasing him.
5. Luna’s Patronus is a Hare, which reflects her gentle and timid nature.
6. As a child, she was diagnosed with partial deafness in her left ear.
7. Luna is an excellent Quidditch player and is a member of the Ravenclaw Quidditch team.
8. She is one of the few characters in the series who is not afraid of Lord Voldemort, and even stands up to him when he tries to intimidate her during the Battle of Hogwarts.
9. After the war, Luna married Rolf Scamander, the grandson of famed magizoologist Newt Scamander.
10. The couple had twin sons, Lorcan and Lysander.
11. Luna is a gifted Legilimens, meaning she has the ability to read minds.
12. She is also an accomplished duellist, as seen when she faced off against Bellatrix Lestrange during the Battle of Hogwarts.
13. Luna is one of the few characters in the series who is shown to be genuinely kind and selfless, without any ulterior motives.
14. She is also one of the few people who was able to see Thestrals, magical creatures that can only be seen by those who have witnessed death firsthand.
15. Luna Lovegood is played by actress Evanna Lynch in the Harry Potter films. Lynch has said that she related to Luna’s quirky personality, as she herself was bullied for being different when she was younger.